The resources referenced in this page are general web
sites that are related to topics covered in the book, Data Structures and Algorithms in
Java. The contents of these sites are not directly
affiliated with this work, however, and may change at any
time. For applets that were contributed to specifically
illustrate topics from the textbook, please see the animations page.
- Chapter 1: Java Programming.
- Chapter 2: Object-Oriented Design.
- Chapter 3: Analysis Tools.
- Chapter 4: Stacks, Queues, and Deques.
- Chapter 5: Vectors, Lists, and Sequences.
- Chapter 6: Trees.
- Chapter 7: Priority Queues.
- Chapter 8: Dictionaries.
- Chapter 9: Search Trees.
- Chapter 10: Sorting, Sets, and Selection.
Java Animations of Shellsort and Variants
demonstrates variants of the shell sorting algorithm, including
shell sort, shake sort, and brick sort, and it really is fun to
Sorting Algorithms has demonstrations of
many sorting algorithms, including bubble, selection, shaker,
insertion, shell, heap, and quick sorts. Source code is available.
Java Sorting Animation Page has demonstrations of bubble,
selection, heap, insertion, merge, and quick sorts. It comes with
complete descriptions for the algorithms. It is a very good way to
understand the algorithms, since it indicates exactly what happens
during each iteration and even allows you to undo steps.
- Chapter 11: Text Processing.
- Chapter 12: Graphs.
- Supplement B: Supplemental Materials.